A family powerhouse with history
Hotel in Villnöss: Home for many generations
In 1740, this protected panoramic location at an altitude of 1,160m, was already known as a hospitable place to live in. The first written reference to the Gnollhof, which was then registered as Gnallguet, dates from this time. Almost a hundred years later, in 1851, the farm came into the possession of the Verginer family, the great-great-great-grandparents of today’s hosts, Margit and Peter. In 1888, the owners decided to open the farm to guests: The Gnollhof inn was established. Soon the word spread about the opening of the inn and day trippers from the surrounding area came to enjoy homemade dishes: Among them were many illustrious guests of ‘Bad Froy’, the former spa.
With careful steps to the present day
Just like today, in former times, nature was valued as a source of strength. With the construction of the veranda in 1908, it was appreciated even more: guests could now literally let their gaze wander over the peaks, meadows, and the adjoining forest in all weathers. This place of peace and strength attracted more and more people every year, and the host family complied to the demand with investments. Gradually, the Gnollhof developed into a hotel where services were geared towards relaxing holidays with a sauna, a pool, and relaxation rooms. The latest innovations will be added during the renovation in winter 2019/2020. The renovation of the Mountain Spirit room category, the panoramic dining room, and the creation of a separate wine corner are a part of this.